M-02 Quality assurance policy
M-02 Quality assurance policy refers to regulations 17(2)(a), 17(2)(b) and 17(4) and must be read in conjunction with 5 and 6.
Quality assurance policy (Example)
(Organisation’s name) is committed to the concept of: Sustaining and improving the high quality of building control and associated services provided to customers based on professionalism, technical excellence, care, attention and public accountability by complying with the building consent authority accreditation requirements, the Building Act 2004, and the Building Regulations.
(Organisation’s name) will ensure this quality policy is understood and implemented by all building consent authority employees and contractors through regular coaching by management, internal audits, monitoring and assessment. A high standard of technical skill will be maintained throughout the organisation together with a high level of compliance with the organisation’s processes and procedures.
(Organisation’s name) will provide documented assurance to organisational management, employees, contractors and customers that the service is being provided in a consistent, professional, technically competent, effective and efficient manner.
We will achieve this by:
- making the process of applying for, and obtaining, a building consent as simple and as easy as possible, without compromising technical quality
- providing the name and means of contact of the employee or contractor who is dealing with the work
- treating all customers impartially, fairly, courteously and respectfully
- responding promptly to the requirements of customers, the building consent accreditation body and the Department of Building and Housing
- providing a friendly and inviting atmosphere for customers and employees and contractors
- promoting integrity, honesty and professionalism as key elements of all aspects of our business activities and relationships and ensuring against conflicts of interest
- ensuring the organisation’s decisions are based on good legal advice where required
- valuing all customers and developing and maintaining good working relationships with customers, suppliers, contractors and regulatory bodies
- processing all applications within the required statutory periods
- ensuring that all work undertaken is within the identified technical competency and capability of appropriate employees and contractors.
To meet these objectives, the building consent authority applies the quality assurance system outlined in this quality assurance policy which has been developed in accordance with the building consent authority accreditation requirements.
Conformance with the requirements of the appropriate detailed procedures outlined in this quality assurance system is a requirement for all employees and contractors engaged in the provision of building consent authority services.
Back to top