Residential Tenancies Amendment Act Quizzes
The following quizzes have been developed by the Department of Building and Housing to help you build and test your knowledge of the recent changes to the Residential Tenancies Act 1986. The changes came into force on 1 October 2010.
The quizzes focus on different parts of the Act. Whether you are a landlord or tenant looking for an interactive way of staying informed, or a property manager who needs to provide a really good service to your clients, these quizzes are a great way to learn.
Instructions on how to use the quizzes are below, as well as a list of available quizzes covering a range of topics. If you get stuck, check out the resources and toolkits on our website to help you find the answers you need.
The Department will use the results of the quizzes to help inform future advice, information and education programmes. We won’t collect any personal information about you; we just want to know whether you’re a landlord, tenant, property manager etc.
Instructions for using the quizzes
- Select the quiz you would like to take
- Read the questions and select your answer
- If your answer displays as green you have selected the correct answer
- If your answer displays as red you have selected an incorrect answer. The correct answer will be displayed for you.
- Click Next to proceed to the next question
- Once you are in the quiz you cannot revisit a question to re-attempt the answer.
If you click the backspace key on the keyboard this will take you to an 'expired page'. To return to your place in the quiz select the 'F5' key on the keyboard.
- If you would like to stop using the quiz there is a QUIT link at the top right of the screen
Other information about the quizzes
You can track your progress through the quiz through the information displayed at the bottom of the screen
- At the end of the quiz you will be able to see:
- the number of questions you answered correctly
- the percentage of questions that were answered correctly
- the time it took you to complete the quiz
If you would like to attempt a new quiz there is a QUIZ LIST link at the top right of this summary screen.
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback regarding these quizzes.